Welcome to Foggy Bottom
The Foggy Bottom neighborhood is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Washington, D.C. It gets its name from a combination of smoke and fog that would blanket the neighborhood during its industrial heyday and because it had a lot of low lying swampland.
Our neighborhood is home to :
– DAR Museum and Constitution Hall
– John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
– George Washington University
– U.S. Department of State
– World Bank
– Watergate building
– Southern part of Rock Creek Park
– The first Naval Observatory
The content contained herein does not necessarily represent the position of the NSDAR. Hyperlinks to other sites are not the responsibility of the NSDAR, the state organizations, or individual DAR chapters. This website was last updated on March 13, 2020, by the webmaster.